brave-ledger-verification=a529f7bc669f0875fec5e91fc7c03d8142a2c3eac544e0a523c6873fe9213fa9 Gender Identification by Word Endings ~ Learning French Easy and Funny

Friday, September 25, 2020

Gender Identification by Word Endings

1. Gender Identification by Word Endings 


a. Feminine: 

 Nouns ending in : -sion, -tion, -aison, -ance, -ence, -te´, -ude, -ale, -ole, -ie and -ure are usually feminine. 

 la version: translation 
 la nation : nation 

 la terminaison: ending

 la connaissance: knowledge 

 la patience : patience 

 la beauté: beauty 

 la certitude : certainty 
 la plénitude : plenitude 

 la cathédrale: cathedral 

 la photographie: photography 
 la philosophie: philosophy 

 la parole: word 

 la culture: culture 
 la facture: bill 

 b. Masculine: 

 Nouns ending in -asme, -isme, -eau, -ment and -acle are usually masculine. 

 I’enthousiasme: enthusiasm 
 le sarcasme: sarcasm 

 le classicisme: classicism 

 le couteau: knife 

 I’enseignement: teaching, education 
 le gouvernement: government 

 le spectacle: show, performance 

 2. Complete the following sentences with the definite article le, la or I’. 
For each word beginning with a vowel, indicate whether it is masculine or feminine by writing I’(f.) or I’(m.).

 1. prononciation et intonation sont importantes dans étude des langues. 
 2. Elle étudie classicisme, romantisme, symbolisme et civilisation française.
 3. Ils admirent beauté de peinture. 
 4. Elle étudie impressionisme et culture française.  
5. Dès naissance, il faut surveiller nourriture du bébé. 

You can see in detail the interesting books for learning French here:

- Pronunciation:


- Grammar: 

de Maïa Grégoire  (Auteur): https://amzn.to/38efGXU

- Vocabularies:


- Commucation: 



God bless you and peace be with you! 
Que le Seigneur vous bénisse et qu'il vous donne sa Paix! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment